Tuesday 31 July 2012

...Healthy Skin From the Inside Out...



I am one of those unfortunate souls who suffers from sensitive skin, eczema and food allergies.

Sad Times.


However, we all know that eating unhealthily - junk food, too much chocolate & sweets -  can lead to break-outs and spots and generally unhealthy skin, whereas eating healthily can promote good, nourished skin. 


At the moment I take a supplement; Perfectil, which apparently "nourishes and protects from the inside and provides essential micronutrients to support the building blocks of your skin, hair and nails" (Vitabiotics.com/perfectil).  I can't yet comment on the effectiveness of this as I take it very irregularly, basically when I remember to, which isn't that often. They are currently on 3 for 2 so I'm going to try and take them for 3 months and report back :) 

I'm currently suffering from a flare up of my eczema and wonder if it has anything to do with my diet... I wouldn't say I'm a completely unhealthy eater but I think there are lots of area's I could improve, for example, I rarely ever eat vegetables and as I am on the go a lot I'm a frequent snacker. I eat a lot of chocolate or crisps as these are easy to eat when I am out, but they obviously contain a high fat and sodium content which I want to cut out.

Source: http://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/pdfs/publication/eatwellplate0210.pdf


For the whole of August 2012 I will:

  • Drink Green Tea daily - at least one cup (yuck already)
  • Take Evening Primrose 1000mg daily
  • Continue taking Perfectil
  • Drink 2 litres of Water daily
  • No Fast Food
  • No Sweets or Crisps
  • Do Some form of exercise twice a week - Jogging, Gym, Yoga, Zumba etc..

Although this may not help my eczema, eating healthily can only lead to good things right?...

It looks do-able and I'm going to start off on the easy side as its important to build it up so its not a shock to my system. I won't say I will eat my 5-a-Day fruit and vegetables as I can be very busy and this may be more or less impossible. If I complete this challenge, that can be my challenge for the next month!

I'll keep you updated! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment