Saturday 23 February 2013

M.I.A, AWOL... Whatever you want to call it...

I have been Missing In Action, Absent Without Leave... Tired? Or plain old Lazy?

Regardless, I have definitely fallen off the haircare bandwagon recently, (and perhaps the self care wagon too!) with so many things going on for me right now I just don't have time for myself! 
But, unless I want to look about 40 years older than I am, I'm going to have to make some time, life is too short to be wandering around looking like a wrinkled washed out old lady!

So, what's been happening with me?



This is a pic of my straightened hair in November when I still had time to look after it... Thinking of returning to straightening as it is super easy to manage, but such a long process!

As of 2013:
  • My hair currentlyy is a basically a tangled mess with some serious split ends... I need to sort that out asap! I was thinking of going to a hairdresser  for a trim but I think that is not such a good idea considering the few hairdressers I know love their scissors more than I like to care. 

  • Unfortunately, I'm back to being very lazy with my styling, and my edges are suffering. Another thing to add to my list of things to sort out!

  • I have, however, reached APL!! Woohoo! It was 1 year post big chop for me in December so it was really lovely to see that my hair has almost grown back to pre-growing-out-relaxer stage! Hang in there transitioners - it does get better and hair really does grow!! I owe you some comparison pictures and I promise I will do a post with post-big-chop pictures  of my hair :)
  • I've started using shampoo again :( (non sulfate however) as I don't have time for bentonite clay and my scalp has been ridiculously itchy recently... I'm not sure why but have a strong feeling it may have something to do with the amount of time I have started leaving in between each wash - I've gone from washing weekly to two weekly, and sometimes whilst my hair is in twists three weekly (yes, I am disgusting haha).

  • Ezcema has been very up and down, still not happy with the state of my skin but that is a whoooole new blog post! 

What's happening with you?

Very very belated, but:
Happy New Year, wishing everyone a Wonderful and Happy 2013 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment