Sunday 30 September 2012

...African Black Soap...

Soo, I ordered my African Black Soap along with my Bentonite clay sometime in August. I've already blogged about my Bentonite clay experience (see here), so why has it taken me so long to post about my black soap experiences?


I don't like it!!

I have actually tried so hard to like it, but it's just not happening.


  I had visited the doctor who agreed with me that regular shower gels etc may not be suitable for me, so I had purchased it with the idea to use it as an alternative to regular shower gels and soaps.

Bad Idea

The black soap left my skin stingingggg!
 Ouch! Now I'm pretty sure that a product that leaves your skin stinging can't be very good for you. However, I did have some broken skin where my eczema was particularly sore so maybe that didn't help... I have to say it did leave my skin feeling quite moisturised, and it didn't sting in areas where my skin was intact but I don't relish the sting in areas it was not!

After ruling it out as a body wash, I recently decided to use it as a shampoo as I think I've been having a little bit of build-up on my scalp. It lathers up really easily and I was quite pleased. 
Until I rinsed my hair.
It left my hair feeling coated and slightly tacky... I'm not sure whether it was residue from shea butter or coconut oil but it was not a great feeling! I had to cowash my hair to get rid of it, and not being funny but I don't want to have to wash my hair after washing it, if you know what I mean. 

So, info about my black soap:

I purchased from Akoma Skincare, I think it was on offer at the time, so I got 2 for about £6.00 with supposedly free delivery (which I did not get - whether it was because I ordered more items or not I don't know. I'm still waiting on a reply from Akoma).


  
The ingredients looked pretty good :)
But perhaps it was the potassium hydroxide (cocoa ash) that made my skin sting? 
Or perhaps my skin just doesn't like shea butter... This is something I'm going to have to test... 




Unfortunately my black soap no longer looks like this...
Lets just say I'm glad I live with my parents and not in university halls as some people may wonder why I have something that belongs in the toilet wrapped in brown paper in my bathroom... Get what I mean? ha
 

Black soap experiences anyone?

3 comments:

  1. African black soap has started gaining momentum in the beauty products market. The goodness of this black soap has started spreading like a wild fire to many parts of the world.

    Organic Shea butter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. African Black Soap In Dubai Helps to remove skin irritations.Use of black soap helps to remove skin irritations like rashes. You can order Buy Cosmetics Products Online here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had started using black soap years ago. my whole family uses it and it make our skin clear and it literally glows!!

    ReplyDelete