Tuesday 4 September 2012

...RedKen Extreme Anti Snap Leave-in Treatment...

RedKen Extreme Anti-Snap Leave In Treatment

Source


What it says it does: "Extreme Anti Snap with Interlock Protein Network and Fortifying Complex delivers protein and ceramide to help fortify weakened areas, protect internal strength and reinforce surface protection and shine. Hair is healthy looking and resilient."


Why I like it: I used it quite a lot when I was relaxed and it made my hair feel so strong, literally - after it soaked in my hair felt both soft AND strong - Gotta be a keeper, right? I don't use it as frequently now I'm natural but I do use it before and after straightening my hair and when my hair is feeling a little on the weak/breaking side. I'm interesting in some of the other RedKen lines and wish I could afford more as I have my beady little eyes on on the 'All soft' and 'Real Control' ranges.  

However, one major flaw:
Ingredients: Water, polyacrylamide, phenoxyethanol, amidimethicone, C-13-14 isoparaffin, isopropyl myristate, fragrance, laureth-7, xylose, hydrolyzed soy protein, trideceth-6, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, pg-propyl silanetriol, arginne, citric acid, cetyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, behentrimonium methosulfate, benzyl benzoate, quaternuium-33, limonene, linalool, benzyl alcohol, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol (d44890/1)
(forgive any spelling mistakes, I copied straight from the bottle)

Yes, I have been ranting about wanting to use natural ingredients and the like so for me these ingredients aren't quite up to scratch - doesn't look like there are that many natural ingredients in this. . . Actually there aren't that many ingredients I can pronounce! I have to admit I feel a little. . . guilty about using this and liking it! Shock, horror!
However, I still have a soft for this product, it was one of the products I first stumbled upon when I first decided to get my hair healthy, and before I decided to grow my natural hair out.  I admit I don't like that I can't pronounce the ingredients and I'm too scared to google them but I've not had an adverse reaction from using this like I have from using other products. And I do believe it did help in strengthening my hair. . . 
As I don't use it all that often and as its a protein treatment I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt... 
But as for repurchasing? 
I'm not at all sure. I would have to google the ingredients first!


Have you tried this? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment