Sunday 12 August 2012

Bentonite Clay...

So, I still can't find terressentials mud wash in the UK and I refuse to pay extortionate delivery charges. I have been looking for alternatives to this and discovered Bentonite Clay... 






I found this post on Blackgirllonghair.com and I was half sold. Moisture and curl definition in one little product - THIS is what I'm looking for. (Asking a whooole lot but so what!)

Then I found this post and I am fully signing up to the hype! Ha. A product I can use on my hair and skin?! What more can I ask for! 

I'm really excited about this product as seeing as I have given up shampoo (see here) I sometimes worry my hair may not be completely clean, however, this clay will essentially detox the hair, drawing out impurities without stripping the hair. Sounds amazing :) Together with its detangling and defining properties I'm itching to get my hands on some!

 My hair is straight at the moment (blog post coming soon) so I won't be washing it for a while but when I do I'll definitely be trying this and posting pictures! (I'll also be stalking youtube videos until then ha.) I'm probably going to tweak Naika's recipe a little as I'm not entirely sure how my skin will  react to vinegar, and I'm thinking a little olive oil would be a nice addition. I'm not even going to put this item on my wishlist, I will be buying it as soon as humanely possible.

Have you tried Bentonite Clay for your hair? If so, I want to know your recipe & experiences please :)

No comments:

Post a Comment