Wednesday 8 August 2012

...No Poo...

I have given up shampoo. 


For the past 6 weeks I have forgone shampoo and stuck to washing my hair with conditioner (co-washing) and so far my hair loves it!  I wanted to try using a no-sulfate shampoo but so far my conditioner (herbal essences fresh balance conditioner) is working just fine for me :)



I'm quite interested in the Curly Girl Method, this website sums it very nicely in my opinion :). Basically, no silicones, no shampoo, no brushes and plently of co-washing.

I don't yet follow all of the rules and I'm not sure whether I will. If I do I'll make sure to update! I've also been reading about the TightlyCurly method which is something I would want to try too.

I am wondering whether I should use shampoo every so often as I'm worried my hair may get lots of product build-up  and get really flaky or that it isn't really clean... Ever since making a conscious decision to look after my hair I've been trying not to use products with mineral oil and all those supposedly bad things that cause build up. I'm not completely strict with this as I find some products with these ingredients work just fine! I used to LOVE my bluemagic coconut oil! I have been thinking about revisiting this for straight styles, you never know, mineral oil etc may block out humidity - thus no more frizziness! With the British weather what it is I just never know what to do with my hair and it seems to enjoy getting frizzy!





If you co-wash let me know your thoughts! Or if you use "grease" let me know how you get on too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment